- Post-op appointment is 7-10 days after surgery.
- If a drain is placed during surgery, removal is in 1-2 weeks.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 48 hours after surgery.
- No showering for at least 1 week or as directed by your surgeon.
- Walking is encouraged.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by the surgeon.
- Avoid strenuous activity, or lifting more than 15 pounds.
- Garment or spandex can be removed 2 days after surgery to shower (if cleared by your surgeon). Wear the garment all day and night, except to shower, for 3-4 weeks or until the drain is removed.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after procedure.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness that extends beyond the surgical site.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.