- Post-op appointment is 10-14 days after surgery.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 48 hours after surgery.
- Wait 48 hours after surgery before showering.
- A supportive bra needs to be worn 24 hours a day for 6 weeks after surgery: the first 2 weeks in a surgical bra followed by 4 weeks in a sports bra of your choosing. Remove only to shower.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by surgeon
- No strenuous activity, and no lifting of anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
- Walking is encouraged.
- Swelling can last for 6 weeks; we suggest that you don’t purchase new clothes or bras until after the swelling dissipates.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after procedure.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness that extends beyond the surgical site.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.