- Post-op appointment is 7-10 days after surgery.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 48 hours after surgery.
- No swimming, hot tubs, or baths until cleared by your surgeon.
- If you have an incision, avoid activity that would pull or stretch the incision area.
- Do not remove the compression garment for the first week after surgery. When cleared to shower, keep the garment on. Gently pat dry with a towel and use a blow dryer on low setting to dry.
- Walking is encouraged.
- No strenuous activity, or lifting anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Expect some blood tinged drainage up to a week after procedure.
- Bruising is normal.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness extending beyond the surgical site.
- Significant shortness of breath.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.