- Post-op appointment is 7-10 days after surgery.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 48 hours after surgery.
- Wait 48 hours after surgery to shower. Do not rub the incision; gently pat dry. Keep the incision open to air and cover only as needed.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by your surgeon.
- No strenuous activity, or lifting anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
- Wait 7 – 10 days to bend at the elbow and lift normal everyday objects.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after procedure.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness that extends beyond the surgical site.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.