- Post-op appointment is 1 day after surgery.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 48 hours after surgery.
- Wear the provided chin strap at all times for one week after surgery, starting one day after the procedure. After a week, continue wearing only at night for 1-2 weeks.
- You may shower after 48 hours after surgery.
- Apply a small amount of Neosporin, Bacitracin or triple antibiotic ointment to the incision or wound once or twice a day.
- No strenuous activity, and no lifting of anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
- Walking is encouraged.
- Do not wear makeup for one week after surgery.
- Expect 1 – 2 weeks of facial bruising.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by your surgeon.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after the procedure.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness that extends beyond the surgical site.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.