- Post-op appointment is 5-7 days after surgery.
- A drain may be in place for 5-7 days post-surgery. If so, your surgeon will remove it for you at the designated time.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 24 hours after surgery.
- We recommend walking the day of surgery. You will be bent at the waist for 2-3 days after surgery. By the 3rd day you should be standing straight.
- A garment or binder will be worn for 2-4 weeks after surgery.
- No strenuous activity, or lifting anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by your surgeon.
- No driving for at least 1 week after surgery.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after procedure.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness that extends beyond surgical site.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.