- Post-op appointment is 7-10 days after surgery.
- Keep the area dry and covered for 24 hours after surgery.
- Use a feminine pad for drainage for the first 2 – 3 days as needed.
- Do not shower for 48 hours after surgery.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by your surgeon.
- No strenuous activity, and no lifting of anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
- No sexual intercourse for 2 weeks after surgery.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after procedure
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4
- Redness that extends beyond the surgical site
- Thick, foul smelling drainage