- Post-op appointment is 7-10 days after surgery.
- Wear a binder on your chest for 24 hours a day for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Do NOT shower for 1 week after surgery.
- Empty and record drain output every 24 hours on provided form.
- No swimming, hot tubs or baths until cleared by your surgeon.
- No strenuous activity, or lifting anything heavier than 15 pounds, until cleared by your surgeon.
- Walking is encouraged.
The following are normal findings following an incision or biopsy:
- Redness, puffiness, or discomfort localized to the site.
- Drainage – clear, red, or yellowish – up to a week after procedure.
Notify our office if the following symptoms occur:
- Fever greater than 101.4.
- Redness that extends beyond the surgical site.
- Thick, foul smelling drainage.