It’s never too early to start an anti-aging regimen to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Anti-aging products provide a number of benefits, from preventing the formation of wrinkles to helping reduce dark spots. Taking preventative steps as early as your 20s can help your skin in the long run.
What to include in your program
Since skin slowly starts to lose collagen in our 20s and 30s, that’s the best time to start using anti-aging products. Skin types vary, so it’s best to talk with a professional to develop a tailored skincare plan. Still, there are broad guidelines that can benefit anyone.
- Use sunscreen every day, no matter what your age. It’s easy to make it part of your daily routine by choosing a moisturizer, foundation, or makeup primer with built-in SPF.
- Topical vitamin A-based drugs called retinoids, such as retinol, are the most used and studied anti-aging compound, and have been shown to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and face spots; even-out pigmentation; and speed the turnover of superficial skin cells. Retinoids work by increasing the production of collagen.
- Exfoliating is a worthwhile practice to start in your teens and continue regularly, as it promotes smooth skin and minimizes pores.
- Chemical peels remove the top layer of the skin to treat discolored skin, enlarged pores, scars, acne, or wrinkles.
- Preventative Botox or Dysport treatments can start in your 20s and can keep lines from setting into deep wrinkles.
Consider your diet
EatingWell suggests these 12 foods that help fight wrinkles and inflammation while boosting collagen and hydration to promote healthy, younger-looking skin:
- Dark chocolate
- Spices including oregano, cinnamon, clove, and turmeric
- Bone broth
Make Pure Medical Spa your go-to HQ for younger looking skin
Pure Medical Spa offers a full menu of services designed to leave you looking and feeling your best. Light up the room with a healthy glow that radiates your inner beauty. Our Pure Medical Spa professionals offer a full range of facial treatments and products, from facials to fillers and permanent cosmetics to highest-quality makeup. Start your anti-aging regimen now and enjoy healthy, younger-looking skin as you age.